Two problems: Video editor causing connection issues and a task manager problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegan

Solid State Member
Okay... First off, hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I have two problems that have really been irritating me.

1) Whenever I open up a video editing program (Adobe Premiere OR WMM), my internet connection is severed and I can't reconnect until I close it.

2) Normally when one pushes CTRL+ALT+DELETE, you get the task manager with all the tabs and all that nice stuff, well for some odd reason all I get now is JUST a program manager window, where I can only choose what I need to close.

Any help on either of those problems would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance you guys

Not sure about the first problem...but as for the second problem, just double click the gray area around the window, as in above the column headings, and the tabs should pop back.

Lol, its no problem. Happens to the best of us, right?

Also, for your first problem...maybe there's a driver conflict? Could try reinstalling your NIC drivers.

Well actually, I'm not sure if it IS my movie making software

Not more than five minutes of your first reply, my internet cut out again

Maybe I should just shut my computer down and give my wireless LAN adapter a break for the night

I would think this is driver related. Have you checked for updated drivers for your NIC card or for a update firmware for your router?

Well it is quite simple really. For your router just go to the manufacturer's site and search for firmware updates. If it is Linksys or DLink they all have a site you can go to and search this stuff.

As for your NIC card that is easy as well. It is aslo known as a ethernet card or ethernet adapter. So go to the PC manufacturer's site and search for any one of those words in the download software section or drivers section. One of the searches should turn up a result. If anything just post your System here and router here and we will help you with that search.

Well let's see what happens tomorrow, like I said, it could just be that my LAN adapter's been working too hard lately.

If I have problems tomorrow, I'll get searching and tell you guys ASAP.

Thanks again for all your help

Guys I think it's my wireless LAN adapter, I've been using this thing since August, almost non stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom