my first Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes, im changing the case, I read worst reviews first, and I dont like plastic parts..

About the RAM.....I just...want to be.... prepared...?

Also, I have read about over-heating with the 8800GTX.....are those just flukes? or would I be more safe with a cooler? if so, which?

well all im saying is that you can always up that later.. just dont spend funds on ram when they could be used for a better graphics card that would last you longer

MangoSalsa said:
Also, I have read about over-heating with the 8800GTX.....are those just flukes? or would I be more safe with a cooler? if so, which?
The GTX would not overheat, if the airflow in the case is good. But if you're into overclocking it, I would suggest the Thermalright HR-03 Plus.

ram is quite cheap at the moment though so it isn't a bad investment. I would agree with the purchasing of an evga card and doing the step up when the 9800's come out, because all the money you spent on the card will be put towards the purchasing of a newer card, so you just pay the difference which is a really good deal.

also if your worried about cooling really there isn't anywhere to go for the gtx other then water cooling. if i'm wrong on this someone please correct me, but i haven't heard of any third party cooling for the card. Also if you have good air flow and don't run the card overclocked in a high ambient temp for long gaming sessions then you should be fine.

also if your worried about cooling really there isn't anywhere to go for the gtx other then water cooling. if i'm wrong on this someone please correct me, but i haven't heard of any third party cooling for the card. Also if you have good air flow and don't run the card overclocked in a high ambient temp for long gaming sessions then you should be fine.

the thermalright HR 03 plus works on the gtx

wow...that thing is massive....maybe ill pass for now...

Thanks everyone for the quick feedback...im actually 89% sure that ill be able to build my setup finally after waiting a few years....if a few potential things dont get in the way.

I <3 tax return

haha yea the 8800GTX cools fine it is a dual slot card so good air flow there, also make sure you get a EVGA so you can upgrade with in 3 months if you feel the need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom