how do i know if my comp is stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
I have an athlon 64, 2800+ and it feels like it's slower then my older amd 1.2 ghz.

i have 2 ocz 256 memory cards in it that's supposed to be pc400 but it was running on pc 200 in the bios setting

i have a radeon 2800 pro 256 mb but it said it was set at 64 mb in the bios.

even after i changed the memory to pc400 and videocard to 256, it feels like it got slower. How do i know if my comp is stable and if i made my computer correctly??? it's a day old and i'm not really happy about it right now.

i have a asus k8v.

That doesnt make sense to me....to make sure you are stable, you need to run benchmarks....Prime95 for the CPU, Aquamark or 3Dmark for the vid card...and so on. But I dont know why you are running slower after your new speeds. Sorry I couldnt help.

Is stress testing bad? I mean it seems like it would just let you know what's working, but it won't push anything too far will it?

ok i see your problem, a. you screweed up your aperture size. in the bios it will say aperture size is "64mb". that doesn't mean that your video card is locked at 256mb. thats just shared aperture memory, set it back to 64mb. search the forum...theres some good articles on it. as for the ram, "pc400" what the hell is that??? are you talking about pc3200 which runs at 400mhz. if so, then set your front side bus(fsb for short) to 200mhz

set your fsb to 400 MHZ not 200, then you should be getting optimum performance.

what is your processors clock speed, and what are the jumpers set on???

Devil4915 said:
ok i see your problem, a. you screweed up your aperture size. in the bios it will say aperture size is "64mb". that doesn't mean that your video card is locked at 256mb. thats just shared aperture memory, set it back to 64mb.

What should an ATi 9800 Pro 256mb be set at? I think mine was at 128 and I changed it to 256, should I change mine back too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom