my first Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard that a single 9800gx2 could run crysis on max, but i don't get how because they are only 30% better then an ultra and 2 ultra's have a hard time.

MangoSalsa said:
What is the significance of DDR2 #'s and PC2 #'s?

DDR2 is the standard name, and describes the RAM's speed or data transfers per second. PC2, is the RAM's module name, and describes peak transfer rate at MB per second.

So for example DDR2-800. DDR2 is the standard, and 800 is the speed of it's transfer (800 million transfers per second). It's module name is PC2-6400. 6400 megabytes per second is it's peak transfer rate.

MangoSalsa said:
what about the GTS 512?
That card would suite very well, for the monitor you're picking.

... yes it is... it might be even on the low resolutions but when you crank them up it is like night and day

that case fan is known to be loud, might want to go with a substitute fan or not plug that one in at all (louder than an hd2900xt, now thats a shocker)

otherwise b1gapl covered everything

Updated Ram G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

if your just gaming and you run XP ( what you should do ) 4gb is kinda overkill unless you like to play alot of hellgate london

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom