building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an updated pic:

case.jpg

The middle is alot more open now. Do you see anything that can help me out?

I got my processor ordered. I bought the q6600 instead of waiting for the e8400 to come back in stock. I can't wait till I get my machine running. I hope I don't have any trouble.

jesus. Do you have room to tuck any wires away.

Edit: that case doens't look like it has good wire management. With my old thermaltake. I would tuck unused wires on the other side panel that the mb mounts to. I took the right panel off(if you were looking straight at the case from the front) put all unecessary wires and then put the panel back on. See if theres any room there. Then just group and zip tie the rest.

This has been a helpful post. I'll be attempting my first build in the near future and reading stuff like this helps me understand better.

Good luck on your build memory!

ok so wait... it is sitting next to your HD?... i would move your HD that is way to hot of an area for it

yes those spots on the bottom front are made for HDs, better place than up top.. what i was saying earlier about moving teh drive up i meant move it up to the top spot on the bottom, sorry for not explaining that it never occured to me that you had drive bays way up there

Okay I will move it back down there. Since that top hard drive bay is going to be empty, could I just take it out for more air flow?

What are the spaces above the 3 hard drive bays for? Originally that is where I thought you wanted me to move it to.

Since that top hard drive bay is going to be empty, could I just take it out for more air flow?

Yes. If it's not going to be used, there's no point in having it up there.

memory said:
What are the spaces above the 3 hard drive bays for? Originally that is where I thought you wanted me to move it to.

That's for CD or DVD drives. Or any 3.5" device, such as a fan controller or card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom