liquid-cooled case question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with a new case if you want to install a loop in your system

doesn't your case have a door? so you'll either need a single 120 mm reservoir (Which is bad) or you'll have to upgrade unless you can mod it somehow

I'd go with a new case if you want to install a loop in your system

doesn't your case have a door? so you'll either need a single 120 mm reservoir (Which is bad) or you'll have to upgrade unless you can mod it somehow

are you familiar with my case at all by chance?
why would you recommend a new one?

yea it has a door... on the front, and on each side haha

how does that dictate my reservoir size? and why is that bad?

i think im gonna post some pics of what i propose to do once aspire.comptech posts back... cuz id like his opinion first, as he seems very knowledgeable...
but thanks :) - RK

are you familiar with my case at all by chance?
why would you recommend a new one?

yea it has a door... on the front, and on each side haha

how does that dictate my reservoir size? and why is that bad?

i think im gonna post some pics of what i propose to do once aspire.comptech posts back... cuz id like his opinion first, as he seems very knowledgeable...
but thanks :) - RK

because if you didnt have a door... you could get a drive bay reservoirs... which usually take up two 5.25" drive bays... thus with a door, there is no airflow and you cant

since you want a midtower, I'm guessing your case is a midtower... thus the back won't feature a 120mm fan mount, thus you can only use a single 120mm radiator unless your mounting it on the back and can cover up half your expansion cards

since your case is made of plastic and steel, (plastic casing outside) you can't easily mod it by just cutting a place out for the radiator, thus I think you should get a new case

because if you didnt have a door... you could get a drive bay reservoirs... which usually take up two 5.25" drive bays... thus with a door, there is no airflow and you cant

reservoirs dont need airflow do they? i thought they were just sealed (as in solid plastic walls) storage containers for coolant? maybe youre thinking of a radiator? or maybe you could link me to a pic or something of what you mean...

since you want a midtower, I'm guessing your case is a midtower... thus the back won't feature a 120mm fan mount, thus you can only use a single 120mm radiator unless your mounting it on the back and can cover up half your expansion cards

it is mid-tower... but it does have a rear 120mm fan... i actually dont have my camera tonight, but tomorrow night, ill put pics up for sure... and maybe draw in where i propose to put cooling parts...

since your case is made of plastic and steel, (plastic casing outside) you can't easily mod it by just cutting a place out for the radiator, thus I think you should get a new case

ita actually plastic and aluminum... but regardless, youre right, there arent many places i could cut out... ill try and show you what i mean...

casepic.jpg

this is just off newegg, so sorry for the crummy angle... and its the wrong color, but anyways... the arrow shows where i planned on putting most of the cooling stuff... i only have one DVD burner installed, so ive got a lottttt of space right there... and i could probably fit a decent sized radiator in there (vertically... and with 120mm fans on it to at least blow a little air), and with the Koolance drive bay reservoir/pump... it seems to me like it could work with little modification...
what do yall think? :) - RK

reservoirs dont need airflow do they? i thought they were just sealed (as in solid plastic walls) storage containers for coolant? maybe youre thinking of a radiator? or maybe you could link me to a pic or something of what you mean...

it is mid-tower... but it does have a rear 120mm fan... i actually dont have my camera tonight, but tomorrow night, ill put pics up for sure... and maybe draw in where i propose to put cooling parts...

ita actually plastic and aluminum... but regardless, youre right, there arent many places i could cut out... ill try and show you what i mean...

casepic.jpg

this is just off newegg, so sorry for the crummy angle... and its the wrong color, but anyways... the arrow shows where i planned on putting most of the cooling stuff... i only have one DVD burner installed, so ive got a lottttt of space right there... and i could probably fit a decent sized radiator in there (vertically... and with 120mm fans on it to at least blow a little air), and with the Koolance drive bay reservoir/pump... it seems to me like it could work with little modification...
what do yall think? :) - RK

sorry lol, for some reason I was ****ed at something or another and my post came out wrong

I meant that you won't have a 2 120mm fan mount in the back (where you can mount 2 120mm fans, thus a dual 120mm radiator)

and I also meant a drive bay radiator not a reservoir, hehe, I always get those confused for some reason... I meant that in some smaller cases, people resort to buying a dual drive bay radiator so that they can save room

also, about the cutting of the case, I meant mostly that even if you did cut the aluminum, you'd have that plastic blocking all possible airflow and it'd be very hard to alter that and still make the case look good

edit: about your plan, since you have a door... unless you plan on keeping it open while you use your PC, there will be very very very little airflow and the water won't actually cool your pc...(if it does have a door)

sorry lol, for some reason I was ****ed at something or another and my post came out wrong
and I also meant a drive bay radiator not a reservoir, hehe, I always get those confused for some reason... I meant that in some smaller cases, people resort to buying a dual drive bay radiator so that they can save room
also, about the cutting of the case, I meant mostly that even if you did cut the aluminum, you'd have that plastic blocking all possible airflow and it'd be very hard to alter that and still make the case look good
edit: about your plan, since you have a door... unless you plan on keeping it open while you use your PC, there will be very very very little airflow and the water won't actually cool your pc...(if it does have a door)

hmmm... now that i get what you mean (haha dont worry about it) you make some good points... ill make sure i keep what you said in mind... :) - RK

EDIT: im talking to aspire right now on AIM, and hes helping me out with a possible build, so well see how that goes... back later maybe... :)

where do you plan on putting the rad? I'm not too familiar with that case, but it only has a single 120mm fan slot on the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom