what chassis fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
what is a good manufacturer for
case fans

i was looking at thermaltake, is that the best brand. how would i make sure that it derives power from a 3 pin outlet(is that what they call a header?)

do i need a second fan elsewhere to ensure proper airflow within the machine

rookie1010 said:
do i need a second fan elsewhere to ensure proper airflow within the machine

That would depend on the case you have or the one you plan to buy. That would also depend on if you're gonna do any overclocking. For most mid-tower cases 2 is sufficient; i don't have sufficient expereince w/ other types to say for sure.

it is a mid range machine, i could go for 2 chassis fans, but where can i place the second chassis fans. someone told me that i could stick in the PCI slot!, is that possible?

question?.. if for example u wonted to put in 6 or 8 case fans.. couldnt u just pull the positive and negative terminal outa one of the power adapters and just crimp in as many fan power cords as u wont, or splice in as many as u wont? it doesnt need to be connected to the mobo does it? and it doesnt matte how many u put on 1 power line from the PSU does it?

rookie1010 said:
it is a mid range machine, i could go for 2 chassis fans, but where can i place the second chassis fans. someone told me that i could stick in the PCI slot!, is that possible?

Yes heres a pic , but dont think it ran on the power from the pci slot

fancard06.jpg

The best chases fans to get will depend on the case you have .Sense i purchased an Antec P160 i will allways use cases that house 120 mm fans.I have 1 Enermax 120 mm with fan speed control in the Front and 1 in the rear. This setup works super .I used to have a case with 2 - 80mm fans in the front and 2 in the rear and it was plain noisey plus didnt move as much air as the 120 mm fans do.

I dont have a topnotch case, a really basic one, and when i put the case covers up, and play some graphics intensive game, it heats up and starts beeping. i was thinking of putting in a case fan(yes, it lacks a case fan), how do i know which fan do i put in it.
should i just go for a 80 mm fan.
is enermax the make i should go for?

that pci fan was real fancy, i got a massive fan on my graphics car, do you think i still need that pci fan, where woudl i t get its power from?

there should be a place to install a fan .If you have none 2 -80 mm fans will help alot thats usually the standard size .start by buying an 80 mm fan and open the case to see where you can place it to where it pulls heat out of the case in the rear. Next see if you can squeeze 1 in the front somewhere to pull air into the case .You can pick the fans up at Comp USA , BEST buy,Circuit City even staples carries them.If your not sure unplug the system and take it to Comp usa a tech will give you some advice for free.Or even put them in if you buy them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom