1.55v++ E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see why the whole "more cores" thing is making such a craze.

It just logically doesn't make any sense to me how splitting the already halved cpu into another half. Does it honestly give you that much more performance?

u have your 2 cores running yoru game and a thrid core running, windows, and back round aps, so basicallyu its less load on the cpu and still faster then duel core. u have to remember now that games are duel core optimized that the game is using 2 cores, and ontop of that there are window aps in teh back round, when there is 4 core optimization in games il probably get either a 6 core or 8 core chip.

How is that less load on the cpu?
If your cpu is processing 100% then splitting it up will only make it be 100% across all 4 cores. You still are processing the same amount of data. Maybe having more cores just helps the processor better utilize its processing power.

Your computer is running 50 processes on average. So the whole "more cores better multitasking" still makes even less sense.

I guess I'll never figure out why or how they work, but I'll just accept it and let the fps talk for themselves :D

if you have all 4 cores at 100%. Then you've got some intense programs running. I'm trying to understand your post. Were you trying to say if your dual core cpu is processing 100% then having a quad core processing that information that it would still be at 100%???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom