Gaming Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card 512-P3-N841-AR at TigerDirect.com

or

BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card BFGE88512GTSE at TigerDirect.com

Same price, different distributors. Are those both g92? And is there any different in brand or would it not matter which one I go with?

EDIT: Based on Luke's post I'm assuming the EVGA card I posted is g92 as well. I think I would prefer to order from Tigerdirect though because I've ordered with them in the past.

any gts that is 512mb is g92, 320 and 640 are not. go for the evga because if you ever want to step up to a new 9800 it won't cost you.

Edit: don't buy from tiger direct, there prices are sometimes better then ncix but there shipping is much more.

go with the EVGA it is the same price after rebate.. and you can upgrade with in 3 months if you decide to

Thanks for the help and tips so far. Would an Antec-900 be a good case to go with? And which power supply would you recommend to go with that?

the antec 900 is a solid case.. but bear in mind that it is a mid tower... and i would say a corsair 520hx or a pc power and cooling 610 silence ... they are a lil bit pricey but well worth it for the stability and performance

i think a corsair 520 would be fine, if u want some more head room go with a c620hx. the pc power and cooling 610w is a great psu also if u want to spend a little extra.

I was looking at a Raidmax Scorpio case, and it comes with a 420 watt PSU. Would that be too low for a computer with this amount of power, or would that be fine? The Raidmax Smilodon comes with a 500 watt PSU, I could get that as well. Both look like great cases just not sure about the PSUs that come with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom