building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
memory said:
On the hard drive and dvd drive, should there be just 2 cables connected to each one?
Yes. A data and power cable to each one.

Everything seems to be ok. It's kind of hard to tell, because of all the wires. You should really try cleaning it up. With all the wires in the middle like that, the airflow won't be so good. It's like you're trying to run through a forest, rather than running through an open field.

does your case have a fan in the bottom drive bays? cuz if it does you wanna put your dvd drive at the top so you dont restrict air flow, also i personally like to move my graphics card lower so i keep it away from the bridge chip sets so all of the heat doesnt hang around in that one area

Yes it does have a fan at the bottom in the front. And I do have the dvd drive up top. That is my hard drive. I figured it would be good in front of the fan so it would keep it cool. Do you think I should move it?

That is the only place I can put the video card.

The video card will get hotter than the hard drive, so it would be a good idea to move the hard drive a little higher. Unless you have a side intake fan.

o nm then i thought that black thing on the bottom was your dvd drive... if you cant move your gpu then i guess there isnt any thing you can do about it.. not that it is a big deal really there should be more than enough cooling in that rig esp since you have a dual slot cooler on your gpu

also can you move the on off switch, the reset button ect around or is that fixed?

I believe I can move the power button but why would I need to move that?

No I do not have a side intake fan.

I will move that hard drive as high as I can then.

How can he move his GPU? There's only one slot it will go in, and there's no where else to put it..lol..

haha yea.. i was asking him if he had any other pci-e slots for it to improve the airflow in the case .. but alas he does not so he is stuck with it

I believe I can move the power button but why would I need to move that?

No I do not have a side intake fan.

I will move that hard drive as high as I can then.

i was just gonna say move your power buttons to the bottom to clear up the wires dangling every where

I am still working on the wiring. I don't know what to do with it all. Here is an updated pic.

100_1083-1.jpg

I am still not done. Do you have any suggestions on what to do with the big group of wires in the middle or any other wires?

loosen the ties and tie them to that rail on the top, and let them dangle down when they get to where they need to be and bind them in to small groups that are close to each other or connect them to the back of the case wall next to the mobo that will keep them out of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom