q6600 temp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbox122501

Baseband Member
I have a q6600 with a Zalman 9700NT cooler, just installed, computer works fine, what i don't understand is why it is running at 48-49C idle when on most of the reviews for the cooler say people are getting around 37-39C idle, do i have a bad fan or do i just need to turn up the fan speed...because i should have to if i haven't even started overclocking yet.

lol yea i did. one horizontal line across the center of the cpu. its grease not paste that i used

ok, since spreading it is NOT what your supposed to do, we are talking about grease not paste here chief

Which way did you put the line? Going the same direction as the lettering on the cpu right? Also, you might just have a hotter running chip. Not every chip is the same. b3 or g0 revision q6600?

I did. You can turn up the speed but it is not necessary. don't worry about all the reviews. Unless you are having problems with your computer your fan is fine. If you had a bad fan your temps would be much higher.

yea right across the lettering. its GO stepping SLACR revision. im just thinking 48C is a little high for idleing do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom