*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

3DM06 won't run in Vista because of DX10. I tried and got all sorts of DX errors. Guess I have to wait for 3DM Vantage. It sucks too because with Vista x64 I can use 4gb of RAM and probably get a better score...assuming 3DM utilizes more memory.

3DM06 won't run in Vista because of DX10. I tried and got all sorts of DX errors. Guess I have to wait for 3DM Vantage. It sucks too because with Vista x64 I can use 4gb of RAM and probably get a better score...assuming 3DM utilizes more memory.

?
wat do you mean it wont run on vista?
i use to have vista ult 64bit and got a3dmarks score.

i can't get 3dmark06 to run in vista either. i keep getting video driver errors and all sorts of other crashes.

3dmark06 works fine on vista. Something else is teh problem. Also 4gb wont get you a better score.

3dmark06 works fine on vista. Something else is teh problem. Also 4gb wont get you a better score.

did yuo just upgrade or what?
i remember u having a 3850...
and how did you wc your ram?

krazyq said:
and how did you wc your ram?
It's rare that people watercool their memory. I'm pretty sure he meant his CPU, or system overall. Like CPU, GPU, etc.

I upgraded to a 8800GTS 512mb, but TBH it wasn't much of an upgrade. I even voltmodded it and clocked it to 880/2250 core/shader.....it was only a little faster than my 3850pro in pretty much all the games I played except for Crysis...(which I don't play at all). So I just sold the card and I'm back with my 3850pro and it's doing great.

As for watercooling, I didn't watercool my memory.....there's really no point to that. Just my cpu/gpu.....but also my sig is old and needs to be updated because I'm back to air now.

I upgraded to a 8800GTS 512mb, but TBH it wasn't much of an upgrade. I even voltmodded it and clocked it to 880/2250 core/shader.....it was only a little faster than my 3850pro in pretty much all the games I played except for Crysis...(which I don't play at all). So I just sold the card and I'm back with my 3850pro and it's doing great.

As for watercooling, I didn't watercool my memory.....there's really no point to that. Just my cpu/gpu.....but also my sig is old and needs to be updated because I'm back to air now.

well, a 3850 will pretty much play 99% of current games maxed out, over 60 fps at a standard widescreen res of 1680x1050, maybe not with AA maxed out, but that's not incredibly important - I think what sets apart a 3850 and anything more expensive is how long you'll keep the card for... but TBQH... any true enthusiast goes through at least two cards every few months, so gpu future-proofing isn't really an issue, I guess it's just a matter of having a powerful card in the short-run, if you're a hardcore type, but if you're thinking budget-wise, a higher-end card means you won't be upgrading for a while..

and as I have so demonstrated, my GTS benchmarks deliciously with the proper voltmodding :D if I replace my B3 soon with a ~$220 discounted G0 (when Q9450 comes out), maybe I can hit 4.0GHz and I can hit the 18K mark

btw, I never knew that you voltmodded your GTS, d'you do the pencil mod for vmem too?

What size monitor are you using that you saw no gains on a GTS512 guru?

Back
Top Bottom