Water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
im new to water cooling but would like to implement it in my next system. i have chosen the pre-made system i want to get:

NCIX.com - Buy NCIX Water Cooling Essentials 120 CPU Water Cooling Kit - ESSENTIALS 120 H20 KIT In Canada.

but i have some questions.

1) how often do u have to change the water and how hard is it (i mean is it hard to do this without getting it on components)

2) is the system i have chosen good, if not can u reccomend one in that price range.

3) would it be cheaper to build one, if so can you please list parts but it must not cost more then $150

If i get this premade system i will eventually add chipset blocks and a gpu block.

thanks in advance

For Question 1

They are closed loop systems and designed so you don't have to change the cooling liquid. But if you notice that the cooling liquid is not cooling like it should then you would consider replacing it. Every manufacturer has different steps to bleed the system and add new coolant. You can also find more information about

your system from the manufacturers website or manuals.

For Question 2

the "NCIX Water Cooling Essentials 120 CPU Water Cooling Kit " Looks good to me

less then 150!? thats not going to be a good loop at all imo... a nice dual 120mm radiator costs around 40-60? a d5 pump costs ~100, a reservoir costs ~10-20 and that is already way over 150... even if you skimp on the pump its still quite a bit, and the waterblock will run you ~40-100

get aspire in here, but my world of advice is not to buy premade, if you do, check out petra's tech shop, thats more focused on water cooling parts

edit: @ expert, thats not a closed loop, its not actual premade, just comes in a kit with all barebones materials such as a radiator, waterblock etc.

changing water depends on the tube color, coolant type (self mixed, special coolant) and total usage. bleeding is as simple as just disconnecting a certain point and just draining it out

I would honestly recommend you save up and buy a better loop, most loops will remain future proof for quite a while unless you get bored with it, since cooling technologies don't change much (except for phase cooling!)

As I've already said in like two other threads you posted that kit in, it will not be sufficient for cooling much more than a dual core cpu. The pump will not maintain a high enough flow rate in a loop with multiple blocks and a simple t-line costs way less than any reservoir.

It is recommended to change your coolant at least every 6 months with a complete overhaul every year with new tubing.

i just said it looked good in another thread buddy, i didn't ask anything. anyway a mod can close the thread, i have decided against water cooling because i got my info from another forum.

if i wanted something to cool my cpu, chipset, and gpu im looking at 400+ (which im only spending 150). You have to change the water ever 3-4 months. The risk of installing it and damaging components. but the #1 reason is im not gona do Serious ocing so its not really worth it even if i only spent 150.

good reasons, sad to see another person fall prey to having to use TRUE's and its heatsink brothers :(

ever think about getting a coolit eliminator or other such product? TEC coolers that are all built into 1 unit, no damage during installation (you just mount it and screw it onto the fan slot) and it provides nice cooling for a cheap price

cons: you can't add anything, its a closed loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom