Odd BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobmitsuo

Baseband Member
So, my current headache seems to stem from BSODs that only occur when i'm watching streaming videos from sites like todou, stage6, and megavideo for extended periods of time. Usually i'm multitasking and playing an MMO while i'm watching. The BSODs give me messages like "Trying to write to read only memory." or something along the lines of writing to a place that it cannot. Cant remember the exact message, only got that one once. In the past when i rarely got one it would be something irq related but these never seem to be, sometimes i just get one that says something like windows experience an error blah blah shutting down to prevent damage. Now when these do occur, im using firefox to watch the streaming videos and a loud high pitched screeching comes form the speakers. I first thought it might be related to my sound card, audigy 2 zs platinum pro, but after reinstalling the drivers like 1241512412 times i began to think video drivers, again no help. So i also fiddled with the codecs, not completely done going through them but so far havent seen any conflicts, but i might as well just delete them and start from scratch again to be safe. The only thing i havent done yet is run memtest just cause i've been to lazy to go search for my copy or dl a new one. Any way, just wondering if anyone here might have any other ideas of things i can try i havent already?

oh yea, and after one of the BSODS my cheap POS keyboard stopped working. >_< not sure why, got a new one but it's USB so i cant test if it was the PS/2 or the keyboard itself that went up.

Updated windows?
Bios Flash?
Flash player or whatever plugin your using up to date?
Broswer up to date?

Try watching them in another browser.

Do you know what the error code (0x000000XX; where XX are some digits/letters) of the BSOD was? Since you were getting memory errors, I'd highly suggest running Memtest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom