No output to the monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh, Carpet is hardly the best choice. I guess it's my fault for not telling you, but carpet is static city....

So put it on a non-metal table or something, even a piece of paper or cardboard will do.

Clear CMOS before trying again.

Carpeted floor = electrostatic charge. You may have killed it. Hopefully not. Have you got the correct MOBO drivers installed?

I had a similar situation building the computer I just built, and it turned out that I got two DOA mobos in a row (I know, sounds like a song). I bought a new processor AND new RAM first, neither of which worked, and then picked up a new motherboard and everything was dandy. Now I'm stuck with an extra Allendale--but at least my system has 4gb of RAM instead of 2.

Anyways... might want to try another mobo, see if it works. They're pretty cheap on a system like that.

Dan

Haven't installed anything. I put the cd that came with the mobo in the disc drive and have no way of installing anything at all. Whatever the mobo came with is what it has. lol kinda vague but all i got. and i placed it on a diff surface (see last post, first page)

Carpeted floor = electrostatic charge. You may have killed it. Hopefully not. Have you got the correct MOBO drivers installed?

Doubt he killed it, it may have been "dead" before he put it on carpet.

Anyways, having installed the correct mobo drivers or not would not stop it from POSTing or stop it from booting into windows.

Windows would just use defualt drivers until one installed correct ones.

I had a similar situation building the computer I just built, and it turned out that I got two DOA mobos in a row (I know, sounds like a song). I bought a new processor AND new RAM first, neither of which worked, and then picked up a new motherboard and everything was dandy. Now I'm stuck with an extra Allendale--but at least my system has 4gb of RAM instead of 2.

Anyways... might want to try another mobo, see if it works. They're pretty cheap on a system like that.

Dan

That was unfortunately the only drawable conclusion of mine at this point. Any other testing i can do? it is cheap but sucks to order another one lol

Thanks for all the help guys, this is the first help site i checked, and you guys are VERY helpful. Glad to see that so many people are available also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom