No output to the monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkkx809

Solid State Member
Ok, so my and a group of friends tried to overclock my Emachines W3052 as a research project for school. I know not the best for oc'ing but oh well. After we changed the settings and frequencies like 100 times, the motherboard was done (so i thought). Windows wouldnt load up and the LED on the monitor would flash on and off as if the pc was on standby. I bought a cheap replacement Motherboard seeing as it was for my parents when i go to college. The motherboard was a: PC CHIPS M848A (V5.0) A (462) SiS 746FX ATX AMD Motherboard. Still compatible with my Socket A AMD Sempron processor and PC3200 RAM. I purchased an: EVGA 128-P1-N320-LX GeForce FX 5500 128MB 64-bit DDR PCI Low Profile Video Card. I put all this stuff in, everything was plugged in correctly and the computer turns on, but the monitor LED still flashes on and off. This leads me to believe that i replaced everything but the problem: The Processor. If anyone has any ideas or insight on this problem, please share. Thanks in advance

Did you clear the CMOS, on the first board? And then on the second board and problem remained for both?
Reseated the Video card?
Tried different RAM or at least a different RAM Slot?
Have you tried a different power supply?

I also just cleared CMOS, changed the battery, tested the monitor on another computer. The monitor works for sure, i actually have it plugged into my laptop atm. I also put the video card in another PCI slot to make sure that it wasnt just the specific slot. The card itself works because the fan onboard is running. I have no clue as to what to do next. I also just tried pressing the Num Lock key while the computer was on and the light did NOT come on, therefore no power the the i/o's at all. I tried everything i could think of to solve it, but the CMOS reset and battery were all i could think of. The computer itself is on and you can hear the HD running and the LED on it is on so its getting power.

anyone?

RAM slots did nothing and my current 250W is the biggest PSU i have. i will ask friends for a larger one then post any progress. TY for suggestions

Does the mobo have onboard video? Can you try another cheap video card for the heck of it?

Did you try different RAM and or in another slot?

Did you try another power supply? Are all power connectors connected and secured properly?

take the motherboard out of the case and place on a non-conductive surface, have only cpu/heatsink video card and 1 stick ram attached, see if it POST's.

Ok. very odd, i took out the RAM and the MOBO did not beep at all. I have never had that happen.

No onboard video either

Power on self test = POST
If it works you will hear one beep and it will halt at POST screen since no mouse or keyboard connected.

How can you be absoluetely certain that it is not grounding out?
We must systematically elminate possibilities.

The Mobo is on my carpeted floor, and i have the video card plugged in, the cpu/heatsink and 1x stick of RAM. I attatched the power supply and then plugged it in. It did nothing

I placed it on anti-static package that it is shipped in and set it on the case so i could plug in the power switch as well. Pressed the power and the fan on the heatsink turned on, but no beep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom