Microsoft SilverLight 1.0 (Update?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
I have an "Optional" Microsoft Windows update.

Microsoft SilverLight 1.0

Could someone explain to me what this programe is?

Not really. It is just something that you use when you are on Microsoft's update site. It does a few other things too, I think, but I can't remember what.

Personally i won't be downloading it as i feel it is not really required for any of my browsing functions...of course until i'm forced to download it :(

Silverlight is more than a falsh player. It will be much more than that. The Surface PC that they are working on will utilize Silverlight. IE8 which the beta was jsut released will also use it standard.

Silverlight is also used in high speed movie streams as it doesnt use as much bandwidth as flash does so that when you watch a movie from netflix you use silverlight and it works much better. I dont think netflix itself is using silverlight but i know other services do.

There is also a Beta of the new Downlaods are thru Microsoft.com that uses Silverlight. Personally i love it. I hope that it takes off and give flash the boot. As silverlight runs much smoother even on a less powerful machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom