Newbie here with some questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
going to order that this week probably maybe a little later. The next item would be a power supply, correct?

Would it be a bad idea to order the case and power supply at the same time?

Any I should look to get that are good but not extremely expensive?

Yes, they will.

Most of them are non-modular, except the Corsair 520HX. Didn't know whether or not, you wanted modular or non.

just trying to combine some things so I can hopefully save a little on shipping.

On a side note, here is me from Sunday!

We had a fund raising polar plunge and I ended up getting stationed in the water on the stand by safety team.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

By the way thanks again for the info!!! Really looking forward to build this beast!

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what is a modular and non modular power supply?

A modular power supply, gives you the option of connecting only the cables that you need. So for example, the power supply comes with 3 molex power cables, but you only need two. You can just plug in the two without the third. And the great thing about it, is that it's good for wire management.

On the other hand, a non-modular has all the cables hard wired into the power supply's casing. Non of them are removable. So if there is 3 molex power cables, and only need two, you can connect two, but the third will be hanging there. But with a little creativity you can hide them.

OH ok, then in that case the modular one sounds like it will be better for me. I'd like to make it as neat of a bay inside the case as I can.

If you would like to see more selections of recommended power supplies or components, check my Recommended PC Components guide, in my sig. Or Ste's power supply guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom