User Account error

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSERRANO04

Beta member
Hi everybody, I have Windows XP home edition on my home desktop and only have one user account for Windows until recently I created a second "dummy" user account just to practice administering rights on it and so forth. Well I've since deleted the dummy account through the control panel applet yet when I start my comuter now as Windows is loading I get an error telling me that it can not sign me on and to make sure my domain and pass are correct, and in the background I can see a Windows log in box similar to when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del on a Windows Proffesional OS prompting me to sign in and it has the dummy account as the user name and it's password there disguised with dots in the password field. If I just hit OKAY on the error it takes me to the Windows Log on screen where I just pick my picture/user name and I am in but it's just annoying now..HELP !

Dave is right. That will change how users log on or off.

Yeah the thing is that I've deleted the dummy account and am now back to just my one Admin account that I've always had, but Windows is still prompting that old account to sign in to access Windows as though it still exists.

Start>Run>control userpasswords2

Do that. It will stop the sign in prompt all together.

I tried " Start>Run>control userpasswords2" and unchecked to use passwords and applied, but no luck. However the system restore did the trick after a couple of registry adjustments to a program I removed! Thanks guys you don't know how annoying that was . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom