Newbie here with some questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO do not order the processor now... order that and the gpu LAST as they are the things that loose value the fastest

I agree with heister... We are probably just going to continue seeing gpu prices fall with the new 9 series starting to come around the corner. But still, $200 for that q6600... idk if we are going to see a drastic price drop anytime soon.

Yo, if you really think you are a newbie, pick out all your parts now so we can double check to make sure they are the right stuff. just post the links or parts u plan on getting.

Dang it. I ordered that processor this morning. I called and for like $10 more I get the manufacturer one with a 3 year warranty on it.

Within the next month I will be having tax returns coming in and some other odds n ends money so this thing will be getting built pretty quick, I don't think it's too big a deal.

i wouldn't sweat it too much, i think by the time that you have bought all of your parts for this build, there probably isn't going to be a processor that does much better than the 6600 that you bought. There may be some advantages for say over clocking, but since this is a first build, i say don't even worry about overclocking, just worry about getting the parts that are going to work best together out of the box. And i second Drizzt5's comment about posting all of your parts. I personally use Newegg's wish lists like a mad man. Then we can check the parts and make sure everything will be good to go before you make the purchase. I built my first computer with help from people on this site about 4 years ago and i learned it definitely pays to do your research. So if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. well this post turned out to be longer than expected...haha good luck with the build!

well I hear that that processor is among the best available now, and I figure I can plan my build around it. Next thing to order is a case, then power source, then a motherboard.

I can't wait this is awesome, thanks for your help!!!

I'll throw up what case I'm going to buy before i do, and i'll do that with every part. As for now, off to training! Thanks!!

welcome to the forums, i recommend AMD, they need more customers. We cant have a monopoly if AMD goes out of business.

PM me ur Wii number, if u have one plz for SSBB!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom