nzxt lexa blackline case!! very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
never going back to a mid tower again... not enough room.. wire clutter... most the time the inside frame is usually the same (hdd cages in front... psu on top... mobo bottom left) and doesnt allow enough case fans... makes it difficult for a clean watercooling system because you can't fit things like the radiator inside

i know full towers have better cooling ect but i like smaller tower's. anyway's im not doing extreme ocing so i don't need more then the four fans. Im thinking on getting a water cooling loop for my cpu (then i'll add gpu and mobo later) there is this really neat one at ncix for $150 where the radiator hooks onto the back of your case (outside) and it comes with everything to cool the cpu and you can add the stuff for the mobo and gpu. if i had water cooling how far could i get the q6600 nos?

Why did you not take a front shot? Looks like a nice case, but is that a fan on the bottom of the case?

i'd say if you spent enough on a good loop.. easily 3.6- maybe 4.0 for everyday use...

i'm planning on going watercooling once i get my new parts... im' going to gut out the bottom of my case (the hdd racks, and use the uuper bracker for the psu, so i can have my rad sit inside of my case

hrmm... couldnt tell you that one... i don't know the average lifetime of a cpu.. but i can tell you it'll last alot way longer than the amount of time it'll be when you change it out.. haha

and here's something similar to what i wanna do (same case)

1047c0146846f82.jpg

only take out the double rad and put in a triple, take out that last hdd rack, and the 5.25 hdd rack w/ fan that i have instead

some people have even fit phase change units into the bottom of this case... amazing case.. i love it so much

and for the more extreme... vapo (i think that is the same as phase change... pretty sure)

attachment.php

attachment.php

that is the definition of sex right there....

phased out cpu... and water for the gpu's... very nice, that must have costed a fortune and a half

NCIX.com - Buy NCIX Water Cooling Essentials 120 CPU Water Cooling Kit - ESSENTIALS 120 H20 KIT In Canada.

thats the water cooling loop, i have heard that ocing you cpu lowers the life of it, if i oced a q6600 to say 3.8 for everyday how much would that take off its life, if any.

Edit: also what kind of maintenance does water cooling need.

That loop would hardly be sufficient for just your quad core.

To cool the quad, gpu and motherboard your looking at the very least a PA120.3 radiator and a laing d5 pump. Pair those with an EK Supreme or D-Tek Fuzion for the cpu, and ek full cover blocks for the gpu, and mips or ek blocks for your nothbridge/southbridge /mosfets.

Upkeep wise. Should you go with clear tubing your looking at at least changing the fluid every 3-6 months and replacing the tubing every year.

Man that just looks awesome, now I need to watercool my stuff. Love those pipes. Really really cool!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom