Help me choose Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fameb

Solid State Member
I'm looking to buy a decent gaming computer for cheap. It doesn't have to be anything crazy, but good enough to play high calibre games smoothly. As well as multi task such as downloading movies, watching movies and surfing the net at the same time without choppiness or speed problems.

I found some interesting stuff on newegg.com but they don't seem to chip to Canada so I decided to go with Tigerdirect.

Anyway I don't know much about specs. From what I read an Athlon processor doesn't compare with an Intel Dual Core Processesor. Am I wrong?

Anyway to you computer experts are these cheaply priced computers any good?

The most I'm willing to spend is $1200 .

CybertronPC X-Cruiser Intel Desktop PC - Intel PD 920 2.8GHz, 1GB DDR2-667, 160GB SATA II, DL DVD±RW, NVIDIA 7300GT 256MB Video, Gigabit LAN, Windows Vista Home Basic TPCXCR0920BK in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

CybertronPC X-Plorer Intel Gaming PC - Intel Pentium D 805 Dual Core 2.66GHz, 1024MB DDR 400MHz, 160GB SATA Hard Drive, DVD-RW Dual Layer Drive, 256MB PCI-Express Video Graphics Card, 10100 LAN PCXRPD805BKBK in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

CybertronPC AMD Gaming PC – AMD Athlon 64 3800+, 1GB PC5400 (667MHz) DDR2, 250GB SATA II, DL DVD±RW, 2 Asus nVidia 7300GT 256MB Video Cards, Gigabit LAN, NO OS, SilverBlack X-Plorer, Speakers TPCXP643800 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Visionman X2-5000GS1 AMD Gaming PC - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+, 2GB DDR2, 250GB SATA-II, DVDRW Lightscribe, NVIDIA 8600GT 256MB, Gigabit LAN, Vista Home Premium in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Visionman X2-5000GS AMD Gaming PC - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+, 2GB DDR2, (2) 250GB SATA-II, 20X DVD±RW w Lightscribe, NVIDIA 8600GT 256MB, Gigabit LAN, Vista Home Premium in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

CybertronPC X-Plorer AMD Gaming PC - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 1GB DDR2, 250GB SATA HDD, DVD±RW Dual Layer, nVidia GeForce 7300 GS 256MB Video Card, 3D Sound, 10100 LAN, Windows XP Home PCXR643700BKSV in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

none of those are that good, i would recommend building your own you can build a pretty good gaming right for around 1200

Thanks buddy!

Now I need to figure out what store will build one for me

why don't u just build it yourself?

I don't think I can.

I know where to put the fans, connect the cd/dvd drives and such, but all that wiring and chips are way too complicated for me. I'm kind of novice when it comes to specs and such.

Thanks buddy!

Now I need to figure out what store will build one for me

no problem... :]

i was kind of hesitant myself on my first build... but seriously, once you pick out parts (this is a little difficult, finding good ones and ones that are compatible... but we can help you with that :D) it really is as simple as plugging things together while following a manual... not that bad, to be honest... so id also pretty strongly recommend building your own... and if you run into any problems... again, feel free to ask for help :) - RK

like said before it really is fairly simple once you get the hang of it. if your a little nervous you can look at many guide on the web or just ask any questions here.

people here will be more than willing to help, however we do need some information

1) budget (check)
2) carry over parts i.e. monitor, speakers, keyboards, mice, hard drives, operating systems ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom