CD music "emulator" for games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genjuro Kibagami

Beta member
Bit of a strange question this...

I was wondering if anyone here knows of a program that can be used to "trick" applications into thinking that an audio cd is available in the drive and to grab the music. When in actual fact the music tracks are stored in MP3 format somewhere on your hard drive?

Maybe a program where you can specify differant programs and tell them to look for audio in certain locations and use MP3 tracks for CD tracks??

Basically i've got tons of old games like Quake, Quake 2, Motorhead, Carmageddon, which all use CD tracks for music, all I want to do is rip all the music into MP3 format and get some way to make the games use the MP3's instead of the CD tracks.

It's so I dont have to swap disks all over the place when I want to have music in games.

Note : making several CD images is out of the question as that would take too much space up.

There is no way to make the games get tricked into using MP2's as their music source. You will either have to make CD Images and use them thru a Mouting software or just run a media player in the background.

There is no way to make the games get tricked into using MP2's as their music source. You will either have to make CD Images and use them thru a Mouting software or just run a media player in the background.

Exactly what I'm wondering why he can't do that o_O

Ok if I use media player, is there a way for an application to use the tracks on media player as if it was a CD? ie, will the game be able to change the current song?

No. Media player is a seperate applicaiton and the game is independent of it. There is no way for the game to d this unless you make CD Images of the games and run them thru mounting software. Other than that you will not be able to control what you are listening to.

To do what you want would require a massive amount of hacking. Not only of Windows but of the game.

To do what you want would require a massive amount of hacking. Not only of Windows but of the game.

True, I just thought someone would know if this had been done...

you gotta admit it would be pretty damned handy tho :laughing:

Anyways since posting this thread i've got a cpl of mods for quake and quake 2 with .ogg support so im a bit happier :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom