USB Brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haoming

Baseband Member
Hello,

I hope this is the right section for this, but I'm looking for a cheap, 1GB USB flash drive.

I'm wondering how Kingston, Crucial, and Patriot compare in their USB drives, which brand's best, worst?

Thanks!

If you're gonna buy a flash drive, you may as well go for a 2 gig. the price is only about 5 bucks higher :)
As for brands, you shouldn't really go by them (except to steer clear of bad companies.) Just search for a good but inexpensive flashdrive, and before buying make SURE it's what you're expecting. I'd also make sure the place you buy it from is near you, so if it does break, replacing is easy. (I bought one of mine from china, which lasted for a year,then broke. It took 3 months to replace. sucked!)

All three are good. I also have drives by Lexar and Adata, both great.

I actually order a 1 gig drive for my church last night from Newegg... $11.53 including shipping and tax. Staples is running a special on a 1 gig Kingston for $5.99.

myself and several others actually answered this question fairly recently in another thread... check it out, and next time, search before you start a new thread! haha:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/usb-stick-what-brand-good-164991/#post1287481

heres what i wrote there tho:
sandisk is legit... most major-name brands arent gonna fail you ever...
things i look for when i buy one:
i hate caps... i lose them constantly... sony makes some cool ones, one where the usb connector slides into the stick itself, another thats smaller than a postage stamp and just has a sleeve of sorts to protect it... (careful no to lose really small ones! XD)
and i hate the kind that come with that weird ativa A3 program or whatever its called... any kind that has a program already installed on it to help you manage your files or w/e... id stay away from... theyre more of a hassle then theyre worth...
if you still want, i can put up some newegg links to a couple that ive had or friends had that have worked well... its pretty hard to go wrong with this kind of thing tho... good luck :] - RK

i chew caps.... and i love pny flash drives. they look wicked sick. especially the one i have with the black and orange combo :D

I have all Sandisk Micro Cruzers xD. 1 of 'em is the silver one w/ clear rubber covering that can slide off...and my other 3 are the black ones that slide in on themselves.

i have a 4GB sandisk mini cruzer, a 512 sony microvault, and a 2GB crucial 'hi speed' one...
and i love em all in various ways... the sony is TINY, the crucial is just pretty standard, cept it has built in encryption and is apparently somehow very fast lol, and the sandisk is cool because it slides in on itself and is just good all around... i hate the ativa A3 program thats on it tho... anyone know how to actually get rid of it, btw? even actually deleting the hidden system files wont do it : /

all considered tho, i love em all and any of them are good choices :) - RK

i have a 4GB sandisk mini cruzer, a 512 sony microvault, and a 2GB crucial 'hi speed' one...
and i love em all in various ways... the sony is TINY, the crucial is just pretty standard, cept it has built in encryption and is apparently somehow very fast lol, and the sandisk is cool because it slides in on itself and is just good all around... i hate the ativa A3 program thats on it tho... anyone know how to actually get rid of it, btw? even actually deleting the hidden system files wont do it : /

all considered tho, i love em all and any of them are good choices :) - RK

It's U3, not A3 =P. And have you tried opening the U3 tray in the bottom > going to settings then Uninstall? Lol... If that doesn't work, go here (BACKUP THE DATA BEFORE YOU RUN THIS!): http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/u3/launchpadremoval.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom