Monster cable vs coathangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interconnect Cables are all a lie, you CANNOT tell the difference.

there only conductors.

Copper cable can and is 99.999percent oxygen free, and at the voltage travelling through them (for interconnect cables) it makes no difference wether its gold or copper.
You CAN'T tell the difference, if anyone can come to me and prove theres an audible difference between a £5 copper interconnect and a £200 copper interconnect i will pay them £1000.

Not speaker cable though, because that carries more current and does make a difference.

HEHE

that reaffirms my thoughts on how most "audiophiles" or audio experts really have no clue...they can claim, swear up and down they can tell the difference...but when it comes down to it...they can't.

We could easily explain it in scientific terms but it still wouldn't go over ;)

;)

Although, the connectors at the end of the actual wire are quite important, so i still order around £30 cable to make sure it is well built and a solid connection - not because of the audible benefits (of which there are none)

Interconnect Cables are all a lie, you CANNOT tell the difference.

there only conductors.

Copper cable can and is 99.999percent oxygen free, and at the voltage travelling through them (for interconnect cables) it makes no difference wether its gold or copper.
You CAN'T tell the difference, if anyone can come to me and prove theres an audible difference between a £5 copper interconnect and a £200 copper interconnect i will pay them £1000.

Not speaker cable though, because that carries more current and does make a difference.

oriox you are exactly right on this one. I was going to say that you buy the more expensive one for longevity as they are more rugged (especially in car audio), but you covered that in the next post

HEHE

that reaffirms my thoughts on how most "audiophiles" or audio experts really have no clue...they can claim, swear up and down they can tell the difference...but when it comes down to it...they can't.

We could easily explain it in scientific terms but it still wouldn't go over ;)

you still don't have a clue.

I don't really care to explain to a brick wall, but here goes.

there are a lot of myths about audio. a lot of those myths come because there are lots of people who don't know jack about audio (americans). then there are fanatics who do too much about audio (americans too) and they think every little change affects the sound.

I've address both types of people here before. read up if you want to know them because I know that this is going out the other side of your head as you read. neither really has a place in the audio world just as the anti audio or audio geek use what these two groups say and then they like to proclaim that all audio sound alike.

they will never know how stupid that they sound by saying that.

c'mon. this is a no brainer. take a pair of rca's apart and tell me me how can you improve the technique? you can't. the cheap ones already contain copper, the greatest electrical conductor beside gold. who would make an all gold inside and out rca only to have it have the same resistance as the copper at hundreds of time the costs? the so called good ones are gold plated, not gold throughout. it has no effect. it's a hype trick, too.

you can improve sound by going digital instead rca, but that another subject.guess what? a optical cord that cost a dollar sounds exactly the same as one that cost 5,000.00 buck. but the guy (american) selling them won't tell you that. this is what happens when you have a country based on materialism. that's exactly why audio lovers need to research audio.

atomic tofu tell me this, how come my subwoofer doesn't sound like your sub if all audio sounds alike? how come my main speakers sound like a live performance at a studio and yours don't?

oriox you are exactly right on this one. I was going to say that you buy the more expensive one for longevity as they are more rugged (especially in car audio), but you covered that in the next post

Phwoar !! never thought i'd here that :D, Thanks anyway :cool:

you still don't have a clue.

I don't really care to explain to a brick wall, but here goes.

there are a lot of myths about audio. a lot of those myths come because there are lots of people who don't know jack about audio (americans). then there are fanatics who do too much about audio (americans too) and they think every little change affects the sound.

I've address both types of people here before. read up if you want to know them because I know that this is going out the other side of your head as you read. neither really has a place in the audio world just as the anti audio or audio geek use what these two groups say and then they like to proclaim that all audio sound alike.

they will never know how stupid that they sound by saying that.

c'mon. this is a no brainer. take a pair of rca's apart and tell me me how can you improve the technique? you can't. the cheap ones already contain copper, the greatest electrical conductor beside gold. who would make an all gold inside and out rca only to have it have the same resistance as the copper at hundreds of time the costs? the so called good ones are gold plated, not gold throughout. it has no effect. it's a hype trick, too.

you can improve sound by going digital instead rca, but that another subject.guess what? a optical cord that cost a dollar sounds exactly the same as one that cost 5,000.00 buck. but the guy (american) selling them won't tell you that. this is what happens when you have a country based on materialism. that's exactly why audio lovers need to research audio.

atomic tofu tell me this, how come my subwoofer doesn't sound like your sub if all audio sounds alike? how come my main speakers sound like a live performance at a studio and yours don't?

Is the only way you can improve cable quality by improveing its shielding against interference and preventing noise ?

Actuall speaker cable can make a slight difference though, i think - from what i can tell. But thats onl because of two very simple things, thicker cable carries a larger current and offers less resistance - and plateing it in silver will offer that very miniscule advantage, because of the amount going through it the extra coating of higher conductive metal improves it very slightly.

Do not however, beleive companies that say there cables have better timeing by twinding the wire (so the treble that goes around the edge of the wire, that goes faster, gets there at the same time as the bass frequencies) well, what BS. With normal cylindrical cheep wire treble would only arrive 0.0000008 seconds before the bass, figure it out.

I still wouldn't pay anymore than £20 per metre for speaker cable - no way.

I agree with you though Eric, people when they think a tiny but of difference makes the sound change by an astonishing amount.

Especially changing the power cable to something costing £300, thats the worst thing i've ever herd. Its SIMPLE. Aslong as your cable is THICK,its as good as any other equally thick power cable. The only thing to do with power which makes a substantial difference is the PSU that prevents random voltage spikes.

Heh the markup on monster cables and the like is hundreds of times higher than what it should be. When you can go to monoprice, buy an hdmi cable for 10 bucks shipped, and best buy wants to sell you a cable that is almost identical but it says "MONSTER" on it for 100 bucks, something is wrong. You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

hehe, I get a kick out of the angry person...no ability to just relax and take it easy :D insult me and I'm fine with it

Phwoar !! never thought i'd here that :D, Thanks anyway :cool:

Is the only way you can improve cable quality by improveing its shielding against interference and preventing noise ?

Actuall speaker cable can make a slight difference though, i think - from what i can tell. But thats onl because of two very simple things, thicker cable carries a larger current and offers less resistance - and plateing it in silver will offer that very miniscule advantage, because of the amount going through it the extra coating of higher conductive metal improves it very slightly.

1.yes. it can improve your car audio performance because the car can introduce all kind of noise from all kind of stuff. this is mostly a non issue in the home. but there is no sonic benefit just a noise rejecting one

2.you are right here too. the improvements against plain zip cord (which is good cheap wire 15 a foot for 16 gauge at your local hardware store. phoenix gold in a scam started selling the same kind of wire at 20 time it's costs) in subtle, though.

but anybody can tell the difference from 4 gauge speaker wire and 22 gauge (the kind that they sell with cheap systems).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom