Xp Nuked

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaine01

Solid State Member
A so called "computer expert" I know decided to borrow my computer (with my permission) and then decided to upgrade my M.E to X.P (without my permission). He loaded XP and then said he downloaded a crack to use for the activation!!!!!!!!!!
On reboot of the system the computer crashes almost immediately and I have tried F8 but nothing there works, including "Last good restore" etc.
I have tried to load the M.E. System Restore CD's but it won't even read those.
Is there anything I can do to reformat my system and reload M.E?
I can get over the horror of having to reformat my system but losing 7 months gameplay of Neverwinter Nights makes me want to cry.
Thanx

You should slap the person who did it.

Unfortunetely you can't get ME on your system (why the hell would you want to in the first place ;)) with out the Install disk.

He's trying to do it without a reformat but that looks to be the only option . can you just back up the game play files then reformat . then put them back on.

GRRRR not only did he do it without your permission but he didn't even put a legal copy on your machine. i wouldn't let him borrow your computer anymore or even touch it lol unless you were there.

I'd prefer Windows 3.x over Me.....

Get older (Build 2600) versions of XP, they don't need to be cracked, just have a CD key put in cause they don't need to be activated.

[SNIPPED]

Well...Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm And download the Windows ME start up disk - Follow the instructions and you should now have a Windows ME boot up disk.. Use it to boot into the A:\ Prompt and type Fdisk...Go into Fdisk and type "Format C:" and it should format the partition

But you will still have to install an OS (not windows me please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom