AMD Phenom 9600 Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be an official release from AMD to ever fix this is this one that's out the only one closest to fixing this?

I'm afraid its just the microcode fix

but the Physically patched chips will have the -50 suffix at the end and come out Q2 2008

Ex: Phenom 9500 is B2 Revision -> Phenom 9550 which is B3 Revision
Phenom 9600 is B2 Revision -> Phenom 9650 which is B3 Revision

LOL. If AMD can't put out a product that can keep up, who cares? :)

I had the chance to buy the q6600 at MicroCenter last night on sale for $199. Instead, I spent the $20 extra and got the 9600 Black Edition. This may be a downgrade in some people's minds, but hey, you can't say AMD sucks. They have been right there all these years neck and neck with Intel and I just prefer their processor. I had a few P2 - P4's years ago and although they did the job, I just preferred AMD. AMD's are known for overclocking and their commonly associated with gamers. And yes, even though these Phemons have this b2 bug and might not overclock as well as the Q6600 and might be a tad bit slower than the Intels, I am not worried.

Technology is changing every day...I will jus buy the highest-end Phenom when it comes out and pwn all those Intel newbz...haha :p

I'm afraid its just the microcode fix

but the Physically patched chips will have the -50 suffix at the end and come out Q2 2008

Ex: Phenom 9500 is B2 Revision -> Phenom 9550 which is B3 Revision
Phenom 9600 is B2 Revision -> Phenom 9650 which is B3 Revision

Well then, I might just either try to return the one I bought and wait, or just flow with it and then get that one when it comes out...

so far people are just getting a 5000+ Black Edition (which I started recommending first for the record :)) to hold them off until a B3 Phenom hits the market

umm just so you know the q6600 is not the high end intel quad.. and it still pawns the amd quads

he likes AMD better

personally I like AMD better too, but I know Intel has better CPU's, plus Intel has evil marketing schemes like their Dell Monopoly before

plus AMD still needs customers

he likes AMD better

personally I like AMD better too, but I know Intel has better CPU's, plus Intel has evil marketing schemes like their Dell Monopoly before

plus AMD still needs customers

The way I see it, it's like everything else out there...Nvidia and ATI, Microsoft and Mac...it's really all preference...Personally, I flow with AMD, Nvidia and Microsoft. I was always an Intel guy, but after 4 bad p4's in a row, I switched to AMD and haven't had a problem since.

Cause too many people have intel, its pretty annoying already. If no one buys amd chips, who will?

So what your saying is your trying to be different at the cost of performance? Or your being a fanboy at the cost of performance? both?

brb, i'm gonna go have fun on my q6600 g0 playing some games without crashes and 40 fps decreases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom