*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

15,265 | Nosboost300 | [*COLOR=blue]Q6600 @ 4.0[/color] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GT 512 @ 750/1000[/color] | XP Pro 32bit ORB - Please login

i think i needed mroe voltage for the cpu.. the score should been higher :(

yeh that score should be higher...closer to 16 k atleast.

i went up to 1.58 to get a stable score at 3.8hz so idk wat kind of volt ure using now.
my vid was 1.2875

Merkwürdigliebe;1325654 said:
btw, why's Veedub got two entries? :p

He has two entries, because one is for GTS SLI and the other was for GT SLI.

umm.... why is my 8800gtx score down.. well anywho.. i'll just have one of my 8800gt and q6600 scores posted... i'll be back w/ that
Weird. Your GTX score shows up in the editing screen, but when I press save, it disappears.

hmmm.. I'm itching to get 2x GTS-512s in SLI now - voltmodded and maybe a Q9450, decisions, decisions... :p

The question is asked, "Is a larger e-pene worth $800 worth of upgrades?"

hey merk, im guessin this is your new card you got from the rma?
and btw, do you have a guide on how how volt moded this card?

That seems about right actually. You just need to overclock more.

I'm assuming that you meant 670/1000, instead of the 570/1000 that you posted?

Added your score.

Wait....how do you gain around 3k, if you just overclocked your Q6600 150MHz, compared to your previous score?

First Run Stock:
11445 | Indobos | [*COLOR=Red]Q6600 G0 @ 2.4GHz[/COLOR*] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GTS(G92) @ 670/972[/COLOR*] | Vista 32bit [*URL="http://service.futuremark.com/resultAnalyzer.action?resultId=5469154&resultType= 14[/URL*]

Second run OC'ed:
14231 | Indobos | [*COLOR=Red]Q6600 G0 @ 3.150GHz[/COLOR*] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GTS(G92) @ 750/1k[/COLOR*] | Vista 32bit [*URL="http://service.futuremark.com/results/showSingleResult.action?resultId=5543433&resultTyp e=14[/URL*]

Yeah I was tired when I was trying to post it up. Sorry bout the confusion b1gapl. Check the cpu increases as well as the GPU increase. Once again Sorry bout the confusion. Might leave it at this for now. I am only running a AF7 and I want to stay under 60c on the cores. One question, is Vista holding me back any?

hey merk, im guessin this is your new card you got from the rma?
and btw, do you have a guide on how how volt moded this card?

I fixed those two resistors myself and then I volt modded it, I decided not to RMA it in the end

I didn't use a straightforward, step by step guide. The voltmodding community tends to make diagrams that only people familiar with voltmods would fully understand, like this one http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68253&d=1196804192 i did a bit of research here and there and figured out the gist of it

basically it's telling you what kind of resistor you need, the crucial point that will regulate voltage (either vmem or vgpu), what points you can use as a ground and the points to be able to read either vmem or vgpu... after that, it's just a matter of having a steady hand and lots of patience to solder really small points

I'll make a tutorial with first-time-perspective in mind, as this was my first volt mod and a rather hard one at that.

I fixed those two resistors myself and then I volt modded it, I decided not to RMA it in the end

I didn't use a straightforward, step by step guide. The voltmodding community tends to make diagrams that only people familiar with voltmods would fully understand, like this one http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68253&d=1196804192 i did a bit of research here and there and figured out the gist of it

basically it's telling you what kind of resistor you need, the crucial point that will regulate voltage (either vmem or vgpu), what points you can use as a ground and the points to be able to read either vmem or vgpu... after that, it's just a matter of having a steady hand and lots of patience to solder really small points

I'll make a tutorial with first-time-perspective in mind, as this was my first volt mod and a rather hard one at that.

well just letting you know...i know nothing about volt modding so ill prolly stay out of it.
But good job on yours! and thanks a lot for taking over my score!!!

First Run Stock:
11445 | Indobos | [*COLOR=Red]Q6600 G0 @ 2.4GHz[/COLOR*] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GTS(G92) @ 670/972[/COLOR*] | Vista 32bit [*URL="http://service.futuremark.com/resultAnalyzer.action?resultId=5469154&resultType= 14[/URL*]

Second run OC'ed:
14231 | Indobos | [*COLOR=Red]Q6600 G0 @ 3.150GHz[/COLOR*] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GTS(G92) @ 750/1k[/COLOR*] | Vista 32bit [*URL="http://service.futuremark.com/results/showSingleResult.action?resultId=5543433&resultTyp e=14[/URL*]

Yeah I was tired when I was trying to post it up. Sorry bout the confusion b1gapl. Check the cpu increases as well as the GPU increase. Once again Sorry bout the confusion. Might leave it at this for now. I am only running a AF7 and I want to stay under 60c on the cores. One question, is Vista holding me back any?

No worries. It's all taken care of.

well just letting you know...i know nothing about volt modding so ill prolly stay out of it.
But good job on yours! and thanks a lot for taking over my score!!!

nawh, dude, I knew zilch about it as well, i didn't even know how to solder, but the learning curve is not that steep at all, just get someone to teach you how to solder in person and you'll be set, just get any old soldering iron kit with a multimeter (I got mine for $30). The rest of the supplies cost like, $0.99. You're just soldering 4 points in total on the card, two of them to a variable resistor set initially to 1000ohms, 2 of them to a vgpu read output, which is just a molex connector with only two prongs to attach your multimeter to. The memory volt mod is not necessary because there's not much of a benefit, and there's a pencil mod available anyway) After everything's installed you just attach the multimeter and gradually adjust the variable resistor to a lower resistance, all the while keeping track of the voltage increase on the multimeter. It's pretty simple.

and yeah, sorry for taking over your score :D if you volt mod though, you'll have the crown back for sure, because I'm limited by my B3 stepping, or if anything I'm probably moving on to an SLI configuration withing a couple of weeks, so I won't be in the single card realm anymore

i just sold my 8800gts back, excellent card, but tbh it was only marginally better than my overclocked 3850 and I needed money...

Back
Top Bottom