Can u upgrade laptop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So slap in 2x1gb or 2x2gb PC2-5300 ? Can I put in Faster Ram or that is enough ?

What operating system are you running? because if you are running XP or Vista 32 bit it will not recognize 4GB of memory and I am not sure your laptop will even support 4 GB memory.

Right now I'm runnin Vista, might leave it or change it to Xp not sure yet, u saying 4gb is huge overkill ? As i remember correctly it might recognize 3gb only, which i'm fine with.

Really if your gaming 2GB is fine for now. However using Vista and gaming I think 3GB would be good to have for future gaming and things. But honestly you would be just fine on 2GB.

Quick question, because I was thinking about upgrading the memory in my laptop from 2 GB to 4 GB but I have a dell and I've read that only certain laptops support the 4 GB. I'm trying to avoid the lag I get while playing my mmo. Is it worth it? Is there anything else I can do to help? I'm pretty sure I can't update my Video card. And if I were to update my memory (or even if I didn't) would applying heat sinks to the memory be an option to improve performance? I've noticed as my laptop heats up…performance goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom