AMD Phenom 9600 Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article benchmarks the difference, but just disable Cool n' Quiet and you should be good

AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition Review & TLB Fix Benchmarking - Page 1 - Introduction

I hope you don't like World in Conflict though:

World In Conflict

YIKES!

The TLB fix causes an incredible 42FPS performance loss in the Minimum FPS of World In Conflict with the Phenom 9600 Black Edition - you read it right, the TLB fix drops the minimum performance by greater than 50%.

The Average performance "only" drops by 20%, and the Maximum performance drops by 35%.

If you like World In Conflict, DISABLE THE TLB FIX!

Ouch.

otherwise the drop range is 2-52.5% (that 52.5% was only in WiC though) but it averaged out at 14% Performance loss in gaming

otherwise the drop range is 2-52.5% (that 52.5% was only in WiC though) but it averaged out at 14% Performance loss in gaming

After reading that article, I am not even going to bother with the fix unless, I notice that it crashes often.

I am getting a DFI board, and I will attempt to o/c it to around 2.5 - 2.6 or so. I should be happy there. Even with this bug, I firmly believe this is a major step up from my FX-60...

oh even with the bug it will DEF be a step up and a noticeable difference

it just isnt at its full potential just yet

So, should I just return this one I bought and wait until the revision comes out?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at my receipt and it says No Returns on the Phenom. That's GAY!!!! Oh well, I will stick with it and hope for the best...
fry it and say it came fried....:D
or you could say it was out of its container in the box when you got it

Why not just go with Intel they have the best processors right now. Not that I have anything against AMD.

Because maybe his motherboard doesn't support Intel CPU's and he doesn't feel like buying a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom