XtremeGamer card not working after upgrading BIOS, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
i got this card on 2/26. I love a lot, but after flashing my BIOS from 1.1 to 1.3, the card doesnt detect my speakers anymore! I have an HD Audio Front Panel cord going to the sound card n it works. Alright, cool, but when i was playing Hellgate: London, it stopped working after like 15min! I installed the latest driver too (10/25/2007).

man, the X-Fi drivers suck like everyelse said in the reviews on newegg, but i didnt expect it to be this buggy. I can still return it for a refund too. What ill do is restart my computer n see if that fixes my problem, but still, come on i want decent drivers!

any suggestions?

EDIT:

another problem that could of caused this was the latest update for Vista today, which i installed. This is what it was suppose to do:

"Install this update to enable Windows Vista to detect software that bypasses product activation and interferes with normal Windows operation."

WTF???!!!!

this makes Windows Explorer, Windows Sidebar, n any other program i have up, like Windows Media Player 11 for example, not work n force to close or restart, whatever.

i hope there is a fix for this soon, becaused im ****ed as heck!

One problem found when seeing updates for the XtremeGamer model used here is that the software portion like volume control and other things are not included in the updates. To correct the goobers seen with the auto updater thrown in simply cancel that out and install only what is on the original software disk after removing what is on now.

With a clean install of the software and drivers for the card there you will likely see working results again. As far as the update that would be another fix for Windows being seen there.

Once in the Control Panel>Programs+Features section look on the upper left side for the view all updates link there. The next screen will display all update installed where you can simply right click on one to hit the uninstall option as seen in the image here.

If any update is causing problems you simply go after it and see it removed fast like shown in the screen capture there. That should correct the problems if any it causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom