Can u upgrade laptop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
Hey guys, I'm building new rig but by the time I finish it will b summer already and I'm just bored and wanna play some good game. I have HP Laptop and I believe it's not the greatest for current mmorpg's. I wanted to know if u can upgrade a laptop and what is good to change and how ? I can put it $400 in upgrades so pls help me out here and lemme know what to change.

HP Pvilion dv9205ca

AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6Ghz

958mb of Ram

Nvidia GeForce Go6150 (no clue how many mb)

and runnin Vista, maybe i'll just reinstall XP cuz Vista steals a lot of Ram and it's only a laptop.

Laptops are really not meant for upgrading. You could upgrade memory and hard drive but usually you can't upgrade video card.

Hey guys, I'm building new rig but by the time I finish it will b summer already and I'm just bored and wanna play some good game. I have HP Laptop and I believe it's not the greatest for current mmorpg's. I wanted to know if u can upgrade a laptop and what is good to change and how ? I can put it $400 in upgrades so pls help me out here and lemme know what to change.

HP Pvilion dv9205ca

AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6Ghz

958mb of Ram

Nvidia GeForce Go6150 (no clue how many mb)

and runnin Vista, maybe i'll just reinstall XP cuz Vista steals a lot of Ram and it's only a laptop.

I agree with Eric1. Laptops are tricky to upgrade. I would look at getting some more RAM as your video card uses some of your RAM as it's own memory.

Getting a bigger HDD will not help your gaming performance.

I was looking at the specs for your laptop and it looks like the type of memory you could use is PC2 4200 DDR2.

Even better! However I fear that there is probably only two slots for memory and you have them filled. The only thing you could do is change one of those 512 to a GB and have a GIG and a half. Or change both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom