Trying to install rollup 2 for MCE 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

canooten

In Runtime
Just built a new PC and am having issues updating MCE 2005. I can get rollup 1 to install, but when I try to install 2, it says that I have to be running MCE 2005 (which I am....version 5.1.2700.2230). .Net 2 is installed.

What else can I do to get this to work?

Have you gone thru the Windows Update site to get all the updates needed?

It's up to date on all critical and recommended patches. I don't install everything every time, but get anything that is important.

If so then roll out 2 should already be installed. That is under the critical patches if i am not mistaken. I know it was under my Windows Update. I would check to make sure you don't already have it installed if you say everything is up to date.

It's up to date on all critical and recommended patches. I don't install everything every time, but get anything that is important.

What i dont get is that he says it is up to date. Which means that Rollup 2 should be installed already. As that is older than a lot of the updates that have been put out recently.:confused:

When I say up do date, I have Automatic Updates set to notify me of updates and I have installed all updates that I've been notified of, but I'm still stuck at this old version of MCE. Rollup 2 was not included in the updates I've done up to now, so I've got the standalone install package and I get this error every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom