1.55v++ E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ive been running Prime95 for about 30 mins now and so far so good, Im at 4.0Ghz with 1.368 V (cpuz) so afteru a cople of hours and Prime 95 is still running ill run 3Dmark and see if i get the 1000 point increase.

k mine is similar. i got it stable at 4 GHz, still had about the same 3Dmark score but i dont care, its stable and ill just leave it, mabe ill have better luck next time

and anyway, completely off topic! deadmau5 is gonna be playing in cali again soon!!! i can't wait for that!!! and.... i wish i was 21.. because both benny benassi and dirty south are gonna be spinning at giant (i think its at the vanguard?) soon... i hate being 20! at least i'll get to see ATB this month :)

West coast gets all the action. We don't have anyone come around here except NY dj's. I've been listening to ATB for so freaking long. Never seen live.

Drizzt the q6600 IMO is the better buy. You know everyone who bought one expected to hit in the mid 4's. Now it seems as though 4ghz is where everyone is stopping.

I honestly don't see why the whole "more cores" thing is making such a craze.

It just logically doesn't make any sense to me how splitting the already halved cpu into another half. Does it honestly give you that much more performance?

well, even if programs arent optimizing the 2 more cores, i think its still TWO MORE CORES!

I do think its the better buy to, i just dont think the e8400 is a total waste.

I don't think its a total waste either. If it were 200 dollars then I would consider it. But since it's in the same ballpark as the Q6600, I'd much rather get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom