Zonet wireless PCI card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I just can't get this thing to work, here's how the install went down...

Installed drivers with the included disc BEFORE I installed the wireless card like the instructions stated. After the initial install, I was to install the card and choose "automatically install drivers for this device".

So, I installed the card and booted the machine up, I choose that option but of course, windows XP could not find the proper drivers that I JUST installed, so now it won't even refresh the hardware to get the install hardware screen again.

So, I then uninstall the drivers and the hardware and reboot, awesome, now I tried to browse the driver disc, but guess what, I have a rar file for the drivers and two dlls, and XP refuses to say that either option is a match for the new hardware.

Can't I just shove the drivers and the DLL files manually into the windows folder and register the DLL's and have it magically work? This bites, this is a brand new wireless card, and of course I can't connect to the internet on that PC to search for drivers, because well, the card is how it will connect.

My device manager shows a yellow "!" next to an ethernet point, and that is what I guess my machine thinks this card is.

Update: Reciving the ever dreaded Code 10 error message, then I tried the card in a differenct slot, no go still. Might be returning this one.
What should my next step be before taking this POS back?

Hello,

What is the model number of your wireless PCI card?

Try installing the driver after connecting your wireless PCI card (by running the install program on the disc, or manually in device manager)

You could also try downloading and installing the latest driver on the manufacturer's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom