How does my PC rank???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys do know that a phenom at 3.0ghz with a gts gets around 15k right? Yeah intels not the only option. 8k is pretty low, but then again its a 939 so its not that bad. 10k and above would be considered "good" at the moment.

I dont see why you bought a gts, you would have got the same score with an 8800gt or a 9600gt, since the cpu cant handle the extra bandwidth from the gts.

You guys do know that a phenom at 3.0ghz with a gts gets around 15k right? Yeah intels not the only option. 8k is pretty low, but then again its a 939 so its not that bad. 10k and above would be considered "good" at the moment.

I dont see why you bought a gts, you would have got the same score with an 8800gt or a 9600gt, since the cpu cant handle the extra bandwidth from the gts.

well, i got the gts because i plan on running sli mode with it and to have ti for the future which is coming up sooner than later...i knew i was going to upgrade...i mean i only bought this alienware with the fx60 and 4 gbs of ram for 100 bucks, so i figured i deserve to spend some money and get some decent parts for it...then again, their wont be much left with this alienware when im done with it...im starting over...the only thing i would be keeping would be the audio card and hdd's lol...

so far I have replaced chassis fans, video card and psu. I am going to take that all out and put it in this new build with the Phenom most likely. I'm an AMD fan boy and would hate to switch to the q6600, even though their a tad bit faster...

BTW, off topic, but why does this AMD know list an L3 cache, and the q6600 doesn't?

bah... silly vernong... intel is NOT the only option! XD

anyways knightmare, it depends on how high you wanna go and what your budget is... :) - RK

lol I misread it I thought it said "I do not wanna stay with AMD"

but avoid Phenoms until their non TLB versions are

Intel's are winning the war on the CPU market unfortunately (AMD Deserves it now!)

right now they have a bug or something in them, they are supposedly releasing a fixed version of them soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom