So when can we expect a price drop in 8 series cards.(Specifically the 8800gtx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trepkos

Baseband Member
With the 9 series release approaching, can we look forward to a significant price drop in the higher-end 8 series cards?

I mean honestly, the 3870x2 is more powerful and less expensive(In most cases)

Nope... :p

Realistically, your probably more likely to just start seeing the higher end 8 series cards start to disappear as the 9 series becomes they're main product.

Usually, the high end cards don't go down drastically. Usually, there is just newer cards that are better and cheaper. I don't think you can get a 7950 for less than 200 anywhere that still has them, but there are way better cards in that price range. They usually just disappear over time.

what everyone has said is generally true... however this time around it should be interesting with the 8 and 9 series being based on the same chip this could be a different pricing strategy

Well, My current system has a eVGA 575mhz Geforce 8800gtx in it and I was coming up with possible video upgrades.

So I chose possibly getting another 8800gtx and running the two in SLI.

You missed out dude. You could have gotten an evga GTX for 300 after rebates on friday from newegg.

has the release date been given on the 9 series yet, i wouldn't mind getting my hands on a cheap 8800 ultra or gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom