Problem after upgrading to Windows IE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnselk

Baseband Member
This morning when I turned on my new home build computer I was encouraged (by Windows) to upgrade to Internet Explorer 7. I had been working with IE 6 just fine but thought what the heck, this is a "new build" so I may as well keep it up to date with the latest.

After the IE 7 upgrade, I turned around and tried to get on the internet via IE 7 and it just set there saying "connecting"....I couldn't even use the mouse/cursor. ...it was locked up, I had to do a ctrl, alt, delete to get out of and back to the desktop. I went thru this process at least 6 times with the same results....nothing.....could not get on the internet.

I tried to do a system restore four times, but since the computer was a totally new home build (finished it Feb. 24) it had only 4 restore points....none of which worked......in other words, I couldn't restore to any of the 4 restore points.

I need help. I'd like to go back to IE 6 since it worked just fine for me....or get IE 7 figured out.....but I don't know how to do that.

Can someone please help me? I'm running Windows XP Home with SP2 and have Nortor IS, but have very little of anything else....seems odd that there isn't much loaded on my new build yet.

Would someone please help me figure out why the IE 7 upgrade won't work and why it locks up my computer....or tell me how to go back to IE 6....Thanks guys.

P.S. I'm sending this message from my old HP.

Could just be a bad install.
Go into add/remove programs and uninstall it (you may have to check the box that says "show updates")

System Restore has never worked for me as well.

turn of your security apps if you are installing some things....I most keep mine on
norton might have cachuggered your ie7 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom