New rig, have I doen a booboo

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way. the 650i pretty much performs exactly the same as the 680i... for sli purposes atleast

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

The 650i DOES bottleneck the cards. Trust me, i have had one. My GTS512's only hit 14k WITH SLI turned on using the 650i.

If i'm repeating anything that has been suggested, disreguard. I'm just going to hit the general points, since i have basically an identical system.

Got to nvidia.com and download both the newest drivers AND the ntune console. Go into ntune and enable SLI, reboot when it tells you to. When the machine comes back up, open ntune and check the SLI settings, it will tell you if it is enabled.

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

The 650i DOES bottleneck the cards. Trust me, i have had one. My GTS512's only hit 14k WITH SLI turned on using the 650i.

If i'm repeating anything that has been suggested, disreguard. I'm just going to hit the general points, since i have basically an identical system.

Got to nvidia.com and download both the newest drivers AND the ntune console. Go into ntune and enable SLI, reboot when it tells you to. When the machine comes back up, open ntune and check the SLI settings, it will tell you if it is enabled.

that may be in your case, but i've seen plenty of reviews and benchmarks saying otherwise. some even showing the 650i beating a 680i.

Ill be going with a clean install and updating the bios via usb drive and downloading the nvidia drivers + ntune onto the usb aswell, pity ill lose all my installed games and have to go through hours and hours of installing again :p

Thanks for the help ill reply when the system is back up and running :)

that may be in your case, but i've seen plenty of reviews and benchmarks saying otherwise. some even showing the 650i beating a 680i.

that was before the new driver updates came out for the 680i, not only that but PCI-E 2.0 vs 1.1 makes a difference in crossfire situations too...there are some cards that take advantage of the extra bandwidth, its just they're not usually needed

that was before the new driver updates came out for the 680i, not only that but PCI-E 2.0 vs 1.1 makes a difference in crossfire situations too...there are some cards that take advantage of the extra bandwidth, its just they're not usually needed

what, the 680i doesn't support pci-e 2.0 nor does it support crossfire? a newer driver update may increase performance but i haven't seen anything on that yet.

what, the 680i doesn't support pci-e 2.0 nor does it support crossfire? a newer driver update may increase performance but i haven't seen anything on that yet.

i was making a point where the bandwidth is starting to matter now, not a whole lot, but differences are being measured

ya I've seen benchmarks where the 650i board in SLI would be off a Striker Extreme

I remember Sora showing it before

Reinstalled the system, everything seems to be in working order, the little ntune thing says about sli so i guess its working?

ill try crysis later on after muckign about with halo2 ^^,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom