8600 gt 256mb okay for this monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 22" resolution might be too big for that card to play games with. Well WoW isn't very demanding, so you might pull it off with medium settings, depending on the rest of the specs of your computer.

I'd say, get a 19" with a resolution of 1440 x 900. The 8600GT will have an easier time playing on that, than a 22".

I have a 19' standard. ;( I want a bigger monitoooooooor.

I could just upgrade my video card. Since I was expecting a monitor to be like 400+ when its only 229. Should I go to an 8800?

If yer playing world of warcraft you'll be fine. I played WoW with a 9500pro 256 and then a 1650pro 512 for the longest time at 1680x1050.

OK, then I stand corrected, since veedub has had experience with that situation.

Ya, wow doesnt require very much as far as graphical power unless you turn everything up to full.

I'm not addicted to WoW. I play about 2 days a week. Gettnig married killed all my gaming. ;)

Rest of my specs are

AMD x2 3800+, xp pro, 2gb memory(not sure speed), ASUS older MB that has pci-e and agp slots, 400w psu(think its crappy), 8600gt.

I don't mind buying that new video card anyways because I do play other games on occassion. But I would think I need a new psu. Can I get any PSU size? Just go grab a 500w or 450 if I get the new video card?

If you pick up a new video card, go with an 8800GT thats pretty much the best all around card on the market right now for the money, and it only requires a 400w psu with 18A on the 12v rail. Oh did i mention i have one for sale :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom