Overclocking: Good Comfort Zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I have just got my rig put together and I've been impressed with it so far. But now I want to overclock my e8400. According to CPUZ I have overclocked it to 4ghz using 1.3 core voltage. I've heard to not go past 1.4 and I've made sure not to do that, but what temperature should I be aiming for under-load. When I use temperature monitoring software I usually get two readings..

IDLE:
Temp 1 = 38C
Temp 2 = 37C

LOAD:
Temp 1 = 39C
Temp 2 = 62C

Just by observation I can quickly assume that temp 1 is either a fluke or a reading of something I should not be concerned with.

My question for you is: What temperature should I aim for? and are these readings correct?

Thanks!! :happy:

Whatever the load is, it should not go above 71-72C on a day to day basis.

What program are you using to monitor these? I've also heard about the E8400s having false temperature sensors, so that Temp 1 is probably wrong.

Either the temp sensor is wrong, or your cooler doesnt have consistent pressure and 1 core is being cooled better than the other. I had a similar issue with my quad where i had a variance of as mucha s 14C across cores.

That one thing my be a fluke but your temps seem alright to me, could be lower but dont necessarily NEED to be

Either the temp sensor is wrong, or your cooler doesnt have consistent pressure and 1 core is being cooled better than the other. I had a similar issue with my quad where i had a variance of as mucha s 14C across cores.

i think temp 1 is before he oc'ed and temp2 after

wow...great OC though....temps seem fine and safe to me, even under load...you should be happy with that chip, and yea don't push it over 1.4v.

Nope.. all of those temps were after my overclock.

Ive read up and temp 1 is a temperature thats not to worry about. I forgot what it monitored though.

I am slowly increasing my fsb and hopefully I will see just how far I can push it without my ram giving out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom