games on usb flashdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
I have a 4gb flash drive i am going to put windows xp on, so that I can boot windows through the usb. Can I play gta 3 on my flash drive?

hmmm... i dont know about installing an OS onto a USB stick : /
doesnt seem like a great idea to me... specially not booting/running off it...

but to the other question, yes you can install games to a stick like that and play them on many comps... some yes, some no... as you can imagine, youd run into issues with the registry and stuff... but my friend got WoW working to run off his USB stick... hed play it in tech class at school lol... so good luck and just try it out :) - RK

There is a way to isntall XP on a USB Flash Drive. But to run a game as well? I dont think it will work. The XP is highly hacked to run on a flash drive. If you can get it to run you will most likely notice a high lag.

Yes i know there is as well.

After a bit of research they say it acts like normal. But i dont know how much stock i would put into that.

they say you should be able to update it and run all yoru games and such. But think about it. If XP fully updated on a USB drive, that would be around 1.5GB. Leaving you with 2.5GB to install GTA3....

But then again i didnt realize that GTA3 was the old game. I was thinking it was a bit newer that required some space to install it.

But i still wouldnt trust it. As you are running off of a USB stick and have to access it full time, then to play a game. You would be throttling that system to access that USB drive.

i think the point many of us are trying to make, straight up is:

ya, you might be able to do it
but naw, you prolly shouldnt, and if you can, itll prolly suck

haha good luck trying tho, itll be informative at the very least XD - RK

At least it would be a way around restrictions set by work/school.

I keep meaning to give portable Firefox a shot here at work, but I just haven't taken the time to set it up on my flash drive yet.

i think the point many of us are trying to make, straight up is:

ya, you might be able to do it
but naw, you prolly shouldnt, and if you can, itll prolly suck

haha good luck trying tho, itll be informative at the very least XD - RK

This is pretty much it. I mean yeah you could do it. But you probably wont like the results.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom