bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
currently using a stock AMD fan i can only get up to 2.420ghz stable.

i was looking at getting an 8800gt 512mb and was wondering at what speed do i need to get the cpu up to where it probably won't bottleneck the 8800? thanks in advance.

currently using a stock AMD fan i can only get up to 2.420ghz stable.

i was looking at getting an 8800gt 512mb and was wondering at what speed do i need to get the cpu up to where it probably won't bottleneck the 8800? thanks in advance.

not so sure, i think my CPU is bottlenecking still my performance n i just got to 3.3GHz today.

i had the 3200+ (2ghz) with my 8800GT SC, it was awful. Now with an E8400(3ghz) in there, my fps has quadrupled in games.

you will be bottlenecked, I have a 4200+ x2 as well and I run it at 2.7 usually sometimes 2.8 or 9

going from 2.2 to 2.7 was a big increase in FPS

even simple games like audio surf went from 25 average fps to 45 or even 50

what is your cpu voltage when at 2.7? i've tried getting there but for some odd reason it actually underclocks my cpu to around 2.1ghz when i get it that high.

what is your cpu voltage when at 2.7? i've tried getting there but for some odd reason it actually underclocks my cpu to around 2.1ghz when i get it that high.

right now its at 1.5

I can take it down to 1.475 or 1.45 but then it might be unstable, higher is fine in my book as long as it doesn't go haywire (above 1.5 does, thus I can't get to 3.0 without dieing immediately)

I have successfully booted to 3.0 lol, but I ran orthos and I blue screened within a few seconds

har har. i can hit 3.0 easily on mine :D

also is you're a windsor or brisbane? and what do you have for cooling on it?

windsor sadly

I can't go any higher because of either the core limitations or the mobo, temperatures remain around 50 or 60 load :(

I'm using a custom water cooling loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom