Help me pick a board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
Hye there, I need your guys help with a board. This is a departament where I'm totally clueless and I have to rely on someone else opinion. Believe me I don't wanna start another topic that was asked tyhousand times and I read as much as I can here but with this product I need to. I'm going with Q6600 and 8800GT with a possibility for SLI. I was out of the game for a while so I don't know what's new now and what's coming out, what is good to invest in and what to hold on with. I also read there's some boards that are overclocking easy for amateurs, that would b nice. This will b purely gaming rig, no video editing or something similar. Price doesn't really matter because I want something good and reliable.
Pls can u explain why u reccomend the certain board u think about and not only slap the name of it. I would like to understand why I'm going with certain product.

Well you need to figure out if your definitely going SLI or not. If you are that would mean you need to get (obviously) an nvidia chipset sli enabled board. I would go single card setup. The 8800 GTS 512 is a really good card. I don't know how good the 780 boards are but if it were up to me. I would choose an X38, Q6600, 8800 GTS 512. Preferably EVGA for step up and play the waiting game for the 9 series

IF you are going SLI, get a 780i from Evga. But unless you have a 24" monitor a single GTS512 and x38 board will be more than enough for any game out there, except for that which shall not be named.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom