Whats wrong with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stang03

Beta member
1 month ago I recieved a new laptop. It is a hp pavillion zx5000. Lately the computer has just been restarting on its own. It pisses me off to no end. I spend 1 thousand dollars and this is what I get. I thought it was an overheating problem, so I got an Antec Notebook Cooler. It seemed to work for awile, but the laptop has started to do this again. The computer is on a flat surface, and it looks like it is well cooled. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I doing anything wrong here. Any help would be appreciated.

your laptop straight away restart or prompt out message that showing will restart on 1 min?
If got prompt out message saying that will restart on 1 min, thats mean your OS got blaster, u have to download patch file.
If the laptop just restart while using without any notice, they might be hardware problem, perhap driver problem. Pls list down your laptop specs.

If this were a desktop computer I would immediately suggest power supply, but i'm not totally sure laptop power supplies work the same way. Yeah, you may have got blaster. Download your latest Windows updates.

Some new info. It usually only does it when I start my computer up. It restarts once and then it seems fine. I just downloaded the Windows Updates. So we'll see if that works out.

BTW my specs are:

HP Pavillion zx5000
Celeron (R) CPU 2.80 GHz
512MB of RAM

EDIT: Also, right before it restarts I get a blue screen that says something like "Windows has to shut down to prevent damages." but it dissapears so soon I can only read that line.

could it be that the computer was just not put together right in the first place, or rattled during shipping? Its what, a month old?

Ok, I got a chance to view the error message. It told me that it had somthing to do with the driver. I searched google and tried to find some results for " My computer keeps restarting on its own" Amazingly I found people with the same problem as me except instead on saying how they fixed it they just stated that it had been fixed. Any ideas?

I get BANG SAME problem, and am looking for a solution, none the wiser, same as you at the moment but whats baffling is:

Nice hard surface used on
Both fans OK
HD seems OK etc...

Then no matter what im in or what im doing, a reset with a blue screen lasting 0.5seconds or something. My specs are:

HPzx5000
P4 3.2Gig
512MB ram
Radeon 9200 (64MB)
Windows XP Pro (i put this on myself).

Any help much appreciated, also if i know i will endeavour to also post a solution.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom