New rig, have I doen a booboo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added the SLI bridge earlier (only found out after checking the manual then did soem fiddling about in the case)

Used the built in Asus bios OC'ing tool to get it upto 2.6ghz, the tool will OC it by 20% at the most which is about 2.8ish anyone able to tell me how to oc it myself to 3ghz+ (I have 5 fans in the case not inc the cpu fan, is that enough or?)

Thanks for al lthe replies though :)

You don't mean you overclocked from within windows do you? That's something you need to do from bios directly, all software's for OC'ing suck so far.

ive doen that as it says, but my Nvidia thing is different to that? Maybe its just because I have it on advanced but im not too sure.

my 3dmark06 is now at 12k so ive had just under 500+ by buggering about with the settings, is the 8GB screwing it up? or doesnt that matter at all?

About overclockign from windows, no, the ASUS MB I have has a thing i nthe BIOS which oc's for you, but doesnt do it aswell as someone else would :p

thanks for the help, but thats already been suggested, gents...
the question now is, how does he tell for sure if the SLI is working?
and if not, how does he fix it? - RK

I was talking to Noclue stating that the stock q6600 was holding him back in his scores. I appreciate your enthusiasm though buddy ol' pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom