Critique my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want a differnt operating system because i allready have vista ultimate, and i dont need to be able to overclock the RAM because the motherboard im getting has a 1:1 ratio so the RAM will be underclocked if anything. But i do agree with you guys i will only get 4GB. So now my Build is;

Corsair HX520watt psu -Allready have

Core 2 Duo e8400- Hooefully will get past 4GHZ

Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R - Apparently quite a good overclocking board, even works with crossfire

Silverstone SST-LC17 htpc case - goes well with my amp and speakers

4GB of Apacer DDR2 800 - Cheap ram (around $80US for 4gb) i know but it has lifetime warranty so...

500GB HDD - Allready have, might get another for RAID

ASUS Quietrack SATA DVD writer - Allready have

8800GTS 512 - need help choosing one from here Ascent Technology | New Zealand Computer Hardware and Software Online Shop , or should i wait for a good 9 series card?

CNET wireless pci adapter - Allready have

Ultra-120 Extreme

Vista ultimate x64

22" samsung 226BW

Thanks for the help any more suggestions?

how about this;

OC Zone(NZ) Limited

i dont really like ocz (paid NZ$500 for 2gb of ddr800 2yrs ago and had to RMA it twice, and it was running underclocked both times) and there are no stores in my country that sell patriot RAM

well i just ordered the mobo and a swiftech waterblock the chipset (better fit...) ive decided to go with watercooling because of the low clearance of the case.
Can anyone confirm if the GSKILL ram in the link of my last post is any good?

its got 5-5-5-15 timings and is ddr2 800, not that great, but I guess since its 4gb its ok

but you should look for those sets that Invisible posted on that site because they are overall better than those G-Skill NK's

whatever RAM you do end up choosing... dont skimp on it, really...
RAM is one of the more important things in your build and buying good quality stuff will give you one of the most noticeable performance boosts you can get...
choose carefully, and dont be afraid to spend a couple bucks... its worth it... :) - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom