Internet only laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennbuck

Beta member
i'm on the road a lot. i'm looking for a basic and light laptop. all i want to do is communicate with family and friends via the Internet. that will run a Verizon wireless PC card. i found this one so far, what do you think?

8643426_sb.jpg

Welcome to Tech Forums, tennbuck!!!

That Eee PC is an excellent choice for your purposes.

The only problem is that screen is really small, and could put a naty strain on your eeys after a while. I dont reccomend anything under 12", preferably 14.1" or larger.

you could probably get something like off ebay thats either a p2 or p3 that would do what you want fine. granted it won't be the fastest thing in the world but if that doesn't really matter to you then that would be great. also you could probably pick it up for under 250-300

It seems that unless you have a pcmcia to usb adapter, the model you chose will not get you on the Internet with your Verizon card.

the eeePC is a great little laptop, I hope to get one very soon (plans for buying one recently got pushed back a little) they are ideal for travel an if you dig around an feel up for a little hardware hacking it can be turned into a very very capable little laptop.

I almost bought an eee pc, Chris. I canceled those plans when i actually tried playing around with one at Microcenter for a little while. The keyboard is ****ing tiny, no 2 ways about it. My man-sized fingers just couldn't handle it. And that 7" screen was just too small to do anything with. I bought a second hand Toshiba Portege R100 for the same price and I like it a whole lot better. Plus it gets 5-6 hours of battery life with the extended battery. 12.1" screen for an ultraportable notebook is much more my size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom