8800ultra's black pearl editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just buy some parts for yourself.. he'll never know ;)

and... chris... the 680i can also run Tri-SLi without a problem.. only... the only way you can run it is w/ windows vista.. there will be no driver release for windows xp and tri-sli

they sell the tri-sli bridge publically, most computer part online retail stores have em... they're like 20 bucks on newegg

just buy some parts for yourself.. he'll never know ;)

naughty XD

and... chris... the 680i can also run Tri-SLi without a problem.. only... the only way you can run it is w/ windows vista.. there will be no driver release for windows xp and tri-sli

thanks nosboost... some info i knew, and some new stuff i didnt... only vista... interesting...

They don't make Black Pearls anymore,
they weren't copper and they were corroding peoples loops.

no wonder it was so hard to find any info on them... how would one go about water-cooling a video card like a GTX then?

Well I stand corrected.

knowledge is power! think of it this way... now youre a little more powerful... XD

good stuff guys... anyone agree with me about this being a silly build for a 13 year old tho? - RK

going to something like petra-tech shop or dangerden.com and buying an 8800 fit waterblock

and ya, i'll agree, definitely silly to buy a build that expensive.. because 8 months later... you'll be able to build it for half the price

hey hey hey, guys he wants something that is exspensive, its not like he said the max is $6000 he said i want something around $6000 but no higher, i agree thats overkill (way overkill), and therascalking whats your problem. My grammar is fine and so what if i can't spell that well.Actually the fact that you are calling me immature tells me that your immature. Anyway, i decided to make a list of parts that is more realistic and emailed them to him, he asked if he can play the latest games on max and i said yes and he's fine with it. Anyway this isn't about if that was overkill it was about a psu.

going to something like petra-tech shop or dangerden.com and buying an 8800 fit waterblock

but then what would you do with the fan that comes on the card? pry it off and install the new waterblock?

and ya, i'll agree, definitely silly to buy a build that expensive.. because 8 months later... you'll be able to build it for half the price

well not only that, but... i mean... for a 13-year old?
its just... silly... for lack of a better, more harsh word :umm: - RK

If money is no object I would go with a qx9650, x38 board, and 2x 3870x2 cards for quad crossfire.

8800 ultras are old school :p

hey hey hey, guys he wants something that is exspensive

mmm... cuz thaaaats what counts in a computer... price! [/sarcasm] haha

its not like he said the max is $6000 he said i want something around $6000 but no higher, i agree thats overkill (way overkill)

at least youre a rational human being then, cuz if you didnt think that... *shakes head*

and therascalking whats your problem. My grammar is fine and so what if i can't spell that well.Actually the fact that you are calling me immature tells me that your immature.

eh... i have no problem... just again, i find it absurd that someone so young and ignorant is being handed $5k+ of equipment... when people in the real world have to work for things... and wow... thats a great argument right there about me being immature... but really, thats besides the point... i dont really wanna say anything about you personally... cuz i dont know you... but maybe take some time, slow down, and type better... and youll get taken more seriously...

Anyway, i decided to make a list of parts that is more realistic and emailed them to him, he asked if he can play the latest games on max and i said yes and he's fine with it.

again, the 'latest games'? i dont know what latest games theyre making that are geared towards 13-year olds with ultra-high end computers... perhaps you can give examples?

Anyway this isn't about if that was overkill it was about a psu.

a good point... and despite my opinion on the subject, i still gave you advice and help on picking a PSU, and i will continue to do so, if you still have any questions...

no hard feelings, man... you cant please everyone, and i just dont like the idea behind this entire build is all... you shouldnt just throw money at something like this... but w/e... ill still help tho, and dont be offended... :] - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom