New rig, have I doen a booboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockers

Solid State Member
Just purchased a brand new rig, everything that I brought in my eyes was "Good" (First pc ive ever built by the way)

Just ran 3dmark06 and got a score of 11ksomething, someone with a similar spec pc on another forum got into 16/17k

What have I done wrong?

Rig is:

Intel core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz 1066Mhz

2x EVGA 8800GTX 768Mb in SLI

8Gb RAM Corsair DDR2 800Mhz 5-5-5-18

ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus

Windows vista ultimate 64bit

All latest drivers bar the BIOS which I havnt updated as I dont know how to as I have no floppy drive :freak:

Please help me unleash (Any) more power from my baby :happy:

well the timings on your RAM are a little high... running vista is gonna give you a slightly lower score... and are you GPU's overclocked at all? most peoples are for their 3dmark runs... same with your CPU... most people who are running DUAL GTX's (a little overkill for only 2.4 GHz) have a CPU clock of at least like 3.0 or above : / - RK

EDIT: oh wait thats quad... hmmm... well, still ive seen higher clocks, methinks...

You can update your bios with a CD, but still you should have a higher score then that i would think... even without OC... Are you sure sli is enabled? and wow maybe vista is killing your score. idk...

You can update your bios with a CD, but still you should have a higher score then that i would think... even without OC... Are you sure sli is enabled? and wow maybe vista is killing your score. idk...

my GTS 640 got to 10,116 not overclocked at all, so ya... he should FOR SURE have a higher score than that, running DUAL GTX's...
hmmm... i dont think its very likely, but your 'not having SLI enabled' idea actually doesnt sound too far-fetched... cuz that score is almost about right for a single, stock-clocked GTX... are you sure your comp is recognizing both cards...? - RK

Well it only recognises one set of GTX ram, one GTX is IRQ 0 and the other is IRQ 16, yet when I go into the nvidia control panel they both are IRQ 16.

And no my GPU's arnt OC'd at all, dont know how to do it :p

the timings on the RAM are stock, havnt tried OC'ing at all

Well it only recognises one set of GTX ram, one GTX is IRQ 0 and the other is IRQ 16, yet when I go into the nvidia control panel they both are IRQ 16.

hmmm... im not an SLI user, so i cant offer much insight on that one... anyone else know?

And no my GPU's arnt OC'd at all, dont know how to do it :p

fairly simple... get either:
ATI Tool
or
Rivatuner
then maybe check out this guide:
RivaTuner 2.0 fan speed & Overclock Guide

the timings on the RAM are stock, havnt tried OC'ing at all

just go into BIOS and lower them...
hope that helps and good luck in the quest for that ever higher score! :) - RK

Hmm you should have a higher score. Look at my rig and the 3DMark score... I only have 2 GT's. The only thing overclocked on my rig is the q6600 to 3.6Ghz... My GT's are the KO version so they have a small default oc. So yeah OC your q6600 and you'll probably up 5k like me.

it is probably that is cpu is holding his cards back. I mean, an oc'd q6600 can unleash a lot more power.

um im newb but sounds like its only running one gtx, did you bridge the cards, are u sure its sli mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom